Tree Service During Winter Months. What Are The Benefits?
While people typically prefer to stay inside during the colder winter months, tree services are more than possible. In fact, tree service and tree removal during winter definitely come with its advantages. Let's go over some of them below.
Six Benefits of Tree Service During Winter
the1. Better Visibility for Evaluation - Because a tree's leaves are generally thinner or temporarily missing, tree arborists and professionals have more opportunity to clearly inspect the tree prior to making a diagnosis. This could be the difference between trimming a few branches vs completely felling a tree.
2. Less Collateral Damage - The cooler winter months are a great opportunity to take advantage of the colder hardened ground. The impacts of heavy equipment, such as bucket trucks, cranes, large falling branches, and large stump grinders, will leave less of an impact on the terrain of your yard or property. Warm summer months, on the other hand, may leave your property in a less than ideal condition due to softer soil conditions.
3. Minimizes the Spread of Disease - Not only do tree leaves wither during winter months, but their fungi and disease will either die or remain dormant during colder months - that's great news for you! These ideal circumstances make winter a great time to remove diseased branches and mitigate the spread of disease during warmer months. You can also expect less sap when trimming branches, which in turn attracts less disease-causing insects.
4. Perfect Time To Prepare for Warm Months - Trimming your trees during winter and removing dead, diseased, or decaying branches will help them more easily flourish as the weather begins to warm up. Because trees typically shed their leaves during winter, removing their branches will not have nearly as dramatic of an impact on their appearance as doing so during summer. Give your trees a chance to grow back in time for the warmer months. By the time spring and summer roll around they will be recovered, regrown, and looking great for your home gatherings.
5. Easier Scheduling - Let's face it. Aside from some serious shopping and getting your grub on, things generally slow down during the winter months. Getting your trees serviced may be the last thing on anyone's mind. The good news is that you'll get more flexibility when scheduling for tree trimming and tree removal estimates, as well as faster turnaround times from the time of the estimate the actual completion of the job.
6. Improved Healing Time - Because your trees are more dormant during cool winter months, they are utilizing less energy. During the summer your trees are actively growing and bearing fruit. These activities are typically slowed during winter months, which means that trimming your tree will cause much less shock to it, making recovery much easier for the tree during the following spring and summer months.
While tree trimming during winter is good for most trees, it is not the case for all of them. Certain trees that flower during the spring are typically not good to be trimmed during the winter.
This will affect their blooming during warmer months (it is advised to trim these trees after their blooming season when they begin to wither). Your local tree company here in Greenville, North Carolina will be able to assist you with your options.
Take advantage of our years of experience, wealth of expertise, and fleet of equipment. We make tree trimming and removal simple and affordable. The winter season makes for the perfect time to get your trees spruced up ahead of schedule. We service Greenville, Winterville, Ayden, Farmville, and all of Pitt County & surrounding areas. Give us a call today for a great deal!