Tree Service During Winter Months. What Are The Benefits?
While people typically prefer to stay inside during the colder winter months, tree services are more than possible. In fact, tree service and tree removal during winter definitely come with its advantages. Let's go over some of them below.
Six Benefits of Tree Service During Winter
1. Better Visibility for Evaluation: Because a tree's leaves are generally thinner or temporarily missing, tree arborists and professionals have more opportunity to clearly inspect the tree prior to making a diagnosis. This could be the difference between trimming a few branches vs completely felling a tree.
2. Less Collateral Damage: The cooler winter months are a great opportunity to take advantage of the hardened ground. The impacts of heavy equipment, such as bucket trucks, cranes, large falling branches, and large stump grinders, will leave less of an impact on the terrain of your yard or property. The warm summer months may leave your property in a less than ideal condition.
3. Minimizes the Spread of Disease: Fortunately for your trees, not only do its leaves wither, but much fungi and diseases either die or remain dormant during colder months. This makes it a great time to removed diseased branches to eliminate the spread during warmer months. There will also be less sap when trimming branches, attracting less disease causing insects.
4. Perfect Time To Prepare for Warm Months: You'll thank yourself for planning your tree service needs ahead. Trimming your trees during winter, removing old dead, diseased, or decaying branches will help your tree flourish as the weather begins to warm up and it's leaves begin to grow back. Trees do not necessarily look their best during winter times. Removing their branches will not have as dramatic of an impact on their appearance. Once spring and summer rolls around they will be recovered, regrown, and looking great for your home gatherings.
5. Easier Scheduling: You've seen it all over. Aside from some serious shopping and getting your grub on, things generally slow down during the winter months, which means not as many people are getting their trees serviced. This could mean more flexibility scheduling for tree trimming and tree removal estimates, faster turnaround times from when the estimate was given to the time it takes to complete the job.
6. Improved Healing Time: Because your trees are more dormant during cool winter months, they are utilizing less energy. During the summer your trees are actively growing and bearing fruit. These activities are typically slowed during winter months, which means that trimming your tree will cause much less shock to it, making recovery much easier for the tree during the following spring and summer months.
While tree trimming during winter is good for most trees, it is not the case for all of them. Certain trees that flower during the spring are typically not good to be trimmed during the winter. This will affect their blooming during warmer months (it is advised to trim these trees after their blooming season when they begin to wither). Your local tree company here in Greenville, North Carolina will be able to assist you with your options.
Take advantage of our years of experience, wealth of expertise, and fleet of equipment. We make tree trimming and removal simple and affordable. Get your trees serviced ahead of time. Give us a call today. We service Greenville, Winterville, Ayden, Farmville, and all of Pitt County & surrounding areas.